Sunday, April 18, 2010

2.0 Social Networking

• Why do you think social networking sites are so popular? What are the main appeal factors?
OR
• For you, is Facebook useful or a time-waster?


Facebook is my gateway to time wasting! As much as I appreciate how it has helped me connect with long lost friends, relatives and colleagues, I suffer from facebookaholic syndrome. It was an exciting thing to have at first but I am discovering many disadvantages to facebook. A main one being the privacy issue. I have been a member of facebook for over 2 years and during the time period, I noticed that I almost have to go into constantly edit my privacy settings to prevent my information and photos from being accessible to anyone on the web.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    Because this is meant to be a social training, we are not allowing private blogs. Please make your blog public, and use a pseudonym to retain privacy.

    You also need to send the blog information we requested to Katie. Please see the post below for the information required.

    http://cpl20.blogspot.com/2010/03/blogs.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather,

    I am posting the questions in advance for myself and posting my blog when I have the chance. Sorry, I know that is an unusual way of doing it. I will get to the content as soon as I can.

    ReplyDelete