Sunday, April 18, 2010

2.0 WIKIPEDIA

How easy or difficult was it to find articles that needed editing? Were the errors you found factual or grammar / spelling?

• Were you able to find a topic obscure enough that Wikipedia doesn’t cover it? If so, congratulations! If you managed to publish an article, comment on the process.


I admit that I am guilty for consulting with Wikipedia for a lot of my information. Let’s face it, it’s highly accessible and you can key in just about anything and get an article. Nevertheless, I try to keep my guard up about the credibility of the information, the subjectiveness and where it is coming from. I keep in mind that one criteria of posting articles is, and I quote, “that you’re human.” As I went through the process of posting an article, I learned as funny as it sounds, posting is password protected so that your pet won’t accidently submit or modify any information. Phew! Doesn’t that provide peace of mind for readers to discover? Although I would never rely solely on Wikipedia, it is a great place to start when you want a bit of background information into a subject. Use with caution!

No comments:

Post a Comment