Sunday, April 18, 2010

2.0 Blog

What do I hope to learn from CPL 2.0?

I am excited by this initiative to create tech savvy library staff. I believe this will dispel a lot of myths about library staff and library. At least in my conversation with friends and family, we are often perceived as ancient stuffy beings that have our nose buried in a book. The image of a 21st century library does not come immediately.
People who do come to the library are surprised by many of the services we have to offer and the unique expertise of the staff members.
There is a wide array of online resources including: online books, academic research databases, library blogs to online story time. I am always excited to share these resources with others and to learn about new services that is provided through the library.
I have a lot to learn about what is available. I look forward to becoming more connected with the online community.

No comments:

Post a Comment